At Marine Bank, we know that your savings goals are as unique as your personality. No matter what you are saving for, we’re here to help you make the most of your money. Maybe you need easy access to your money. Perhaps you are looking for a guaranteed rate of return. Or maybe you need an account that will serve you for a lifetime. We have the saving solutions to fit your financial needs!
Our everyday savings account is for those looking for a competitive interest rate and ATM account access.
- Required minimum monthly balance of $100
- Service charge applies if you fall below the minimum
- Interest bearing
- Up to six free withdrawals or transfers monthly
- ATM card access to your funds
Holiday Savings Account
Take away the stress of holiday shopping bills! With as little as $1, you can begin saving for year-end holiday expenses. Coupon books or convenient automatic transfers make this a popular savings alternative. Interest is credited to your account on September 30th of each year. Accounts are cashed out and checks mailed to account holders shortly thereafter.
Money Market Passbook Savings
This account offers a higher rate of interest than statement savings, while maintaining liquidity for easy access.
- Required minimum balance of $10,000
- Unlimited deposits and in-person withdrawals
- Up to six automatic or phone withdrawals per statement cycle
Certificate of Deposit (CD)
CDs guarantee you a fixed rate of interest for the term of your choice – from 30 days to five years. A minimum deposit of $1,000 is required to open a Marine Bank CD.
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
IRAs allow you to save for your retirement while receiving tax savings on your contributions and earnings. We offer:
- Traditional IRAs – Annual contributions are tax deductible and will grow tax deferred until you begin withdrawing them at retirement. There are income limits on participation.
- Roth IRAs – Contributions are made on an after-tax basis. Earnings grow tax free if held for at least five years and maintained until age 59½. Earnings maintain their tax-free status if funds are distributed to an owner who is disabled, to a beneficiary or for the purchase of a first home (up to $10,000). There are income limits on participation.
- Nondeductible IRAs – If you are ineligible for a traditional or Roth IRA, you may invest in a nondeductible IRA. The earnings on your investment grow tax deferred until you start withdrawing funds at retirement or at age 70½, whichever comes first.
- Coverdell Education Savings Account (CESA) – Specifically designed for higher education expenses, this is a nondeductible account that features tax-free and penalty-free withdrawals. There are income limits on participation.
Common Cents Debit Card
Our Common Cents Debit Card helps you save money automatically! Every time you use your Common Cents Debit Card, we’ll round up your purchase to the next dollar, and transfer the difference from your checking account to your savings account.
How to Enroll
New customers will need to visit any Marine Bank Branch to open checking and savings accounts and enroll in the Common Cents program. Existing checking/savings customers may enroll in the program in any of the following ways.
Download the form to enroll in our Common Cents program
(requires Adobe Reader)
Mail the above form to:
Marine Bank Customer Help Desk
3050 Wabash Avenue
Springfield, IL 62704
Call our Customer Help Desk at 217-726-0660, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon.
By Online Live Chat
Click here to be connected with our live online chat between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Health Savings Account
Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) were designed to help individuals save for future qualified medical and retiree health expenses on a tax-free basis. HSAs are available to anyone covered by a Qualified High Deductible Health Plan. Accumulated earnings and all distributions from the account are tax exempt when used to pay for qualified medical expenses.
Marine Bank’s Health Savings Account has no minimum balance requirement and no set-up or annual maintenance fees. This interest-bearing account offers HSA checks and an HSA debit card.
For more details, read our HSA Brochure
(requires Adobe Reader)
We look forward to serving your needs.