UTMA Savings

Saving for Your Child's Future

Set aside funds on behalf of a child, according to the Illinois Uniform Transfer to Minors Act. As the custodian, you are the only one with access to the funds. Once the child turns 18, we are happy to assist you and the young adult with transferring the funds to a more suitable account.

If you'd like to open a UTMA account, please visit any of our branch locations or give us a call at 217-726-0660

More information on a UTMA account:

Age Requirements Under 18
Is more than one custodian allowed? No
Does the minor sign a signature card? No
Are debit/ATM cards allowed? No
Is online banking allowed? Custodian may "View Only" - no transfers
Are service charges waived Yes
ID required from minor to open  Social Security Card
Other Notes This account cannot be revised once the minor turns 18. It must be closed and a Marine Bank employee will be happy to assist in transferring the funds to a new account.

Digital Banking

You Are Now Leaving

You are now leaving Marine Bank’s website. You are about to access a third party web site or service that is not owned or controlled by Marine Bank and therefore, may not be FDIC insured.

While we believe these resources are reliable, Marine Bank is not responsible for and will not guarantee the products, services, information, or content provided by this third party.

« Cancel Continue » ×