1. We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
2. We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions.
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Marine Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $30 each time we pay an overdraft.
- Also, if your account is overdrawn for five or more consecutive business days, we will charge an additional $10 per day for up to five days for each instance of negative balance.
- The maximum amount of overdraft fees that we will charge your consumer account is $120 per day.
- We will not charge an overdraft fee if your consumer account is overdrawn by $10 or less.
What if I want Marine Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call (217)726-0660, visit any branch, or complete and submit the form below.